- Just Released
- Sale Bestsellers
- Gifts for Special Occasions
- Advent & Christmas
- Bible Study & Small Group
- Bulk Discounts on Books & Bibles
- Dove Award Nominees
- Gifts for Her
- Gifts for Him
- Greeting Cards
- LifeWay Resources
- New & Bestselling Fiction
- New Year's Resources
- Operation Christmas Child
- Resources for Love & Hope
Your life's calling is too important to let toxic people take it away. In When to Walk Away, Gary Thomas - bestselling author of Sacred Marriage - draws from biblical and modern stories to equip you with practical insights to dealing with difficult people in your life and live true to your God-given purpose.
As Christians, we often feel the guilt and responsibility of meeting the needs of unhealthy people in our lives. Whether a sibling, parent, spouse, coworker, or friend, toxic people always seek to frustrate our life's calling. While you're seeking first God's kingdom, they're seeking first to distract your focus and delay your work.
Instead of attempting the impossible task of mollifying toxic people, it's time we dedicate our energy to the only worthwhile effort: completing the work God has given us. It's only when we learn to say no to bad patterns can we say yes to the good God has planned for us.
Bestselling author of Sacred Marriage, Gary Thomas looks at biblical examples from the lives of Jesus, Paul, and Nehemiah. Drawing from years serving as a pastor, Thomas shares modern stories and practical examples for dealing with the difficult people in our lives. Each chapter includes insightful take-aways that you can apply right away. You'll discover how to:
- Set healthy boundaries to protect your life's calling
- Find refuge in God when you feel under attack
- Discern when to walk away from a toxic situation
- Keep a tender heart even in unhealthy relationships
- Love and serve difficult people by resisting their control
- Grow your inner strength and invest in reliable people
We can't let others steal our joy or our mission. It's time to strengthen our defense, learn to set good boundaries, and focus on our God-given purpose.
More Product Information
- Publisher: Zondervan on Brilliance Audio
- ISBN: 179971151X
- ISBN-13: 9781799711513
- SKU: 9781799711513
- Release Date: October 8, 2019
- Language: English
- Binding: Compact Disc
- Playing Time: 480
- Height: 0.60 inches
- Width: 6.40 inches
- Length: 5.40 inches
- Weight: 0.40 pounds
About the Author
He and his wife Lisa have been married for 30 years.